Lauren is a warm, accepting and empathic clinical psychologist who has a passion for helping people to overcome mental health issues and various life challenges. Lauren draws on clients’ own strengths and interests, as well as evidence-based strategies, in order to facilitate recovery and positive change.
Lauren completed a Bachelor of Psychology (1st Class Honours) at Macquarie University. She has also completed a Master of Clinical Psychology at the University of Technology Sydney as well as her 2 year Clinical Psychology Registrar program. Lauren is a member of the Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA), and her registration number with the national governing body (AHPRA) is PSY0001964097.
Lauren works with adolescents and adults. She has worked across a range of settings, including university clinics, community mental health teams, and private practice. She is experienced at providing treatment for various problems, such as:
- Anxiety (e.g. specific phobias, chronic worry, social anxiety, panic attacks, etc)
- School/university/work stress
- Low self-esteem
- Emotion regulation difficulties (e.g. anger management, coping with intense emotions)
- Body image issues
- Parenting stress (e.g. managing relationships with adolescents)
- Interpersonal difficulties (e.g. family tensions, relationship issues)
- Adjustment problems
- Traumatic life events
Lauren utilises evidence-based treatments such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Schema Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), EMDR, and family/attachment based therapies, skillfully tailoring treatment approaches to suit each individual’s needs.